Hollingwood

Until the Hollingwood Estate was built in the 1920’s, the area was part of Barrow Hill. We are currently uploading more photographs and information about the history of Hollingwood so please bear with us as we update these pages.

CANAL TAVERN

ELM TREE FARM

HOLLINGWOOD GARDEN CITY

HOLLINGWOOD HOTEL

LEES BUILDINGS AND MOULDERS ARMS 

RINGWOOD HALL

WOODCOURT

SHOPS

13 Cedar Street WM

c 1960 13, Cedar Street Photo: Arthur Fox family album

Arthur Fox ShopWM

c1960 Arthur Fox shop on Hollingwood Crescent. Photo: Arthur Fox family album

Beehives1 wm Beehives2 wm

The Hollingwood Common Canal was a tunnel used for draining and working a coal seam. The seven “Beehives” on Private Drive were the ventilation shafts for the old mine.

Read about it here

 

Lees men wm

28th August 1915

Advertisements