The Lees Buildings, on the south side the canal, were built in 1775. There were 23 houses, plus the Moulders Arms public house, and they were accessed from a footbridge over the canal.
Numbers 23 and 24, plus the Moulders Arms, were the only houses to have an internal water tap whilst numbers 13 to 18 were known as “Gentlemen’s Row” as each had a front parlour. The Moulders Arms closed in 1927 and its licence was transferred to the Hollingwood Hotel. The Lees Buildings were demolished in 1938 but the name survived for many more years as the name of a nearby social club.